[8/31/04] Kirby Dream Land 2

Game name: Kirby's Dream Land 2

Systems: GB, GBC, GBA

Genre: Platform

Emulators: Visualboy, VisualboyAdvanced

---------------------------

title2.gif

I figured I wouldn't be showing my Kirby roots if I didn't review the game that got me hooked to the Kirby series in the first place.

In this game Kirby's Dream Land is Once again in trouble. This time, Kirby has to retrieve 7 Rainbow keys to create the Rainbow Sword to defeat a nightmare and King Dedede. Kirby gets help from animal friends as they travel to each place defeating bosses.

overview.gif

Seen here, Kirby is flying in his famous star. This is where Kirby picks worlds. As you beat the boss of the world, A new world pops up. Each world consists of levels. There are more levels as the worlds progress on.

ingame.gif

Kirby can fly, shoot fireballs with air, walk, run and eat people. The controls in this game are pretty simple and are very very easy to learn. Your fingers start to get sore a bit due to the animal help Kirby recieves. In some levels, there are sub bosses. When you defeat them, you can get their power and you get an animal friend. These animal friends consist of a: hamster, fish, and bird. Each animal is useful in their own way. Also, each animal has a different combo attack with the power Kirby has. For example, if Kirby has the spark power.

Kirby - Emits himself in sparks

Hamster - Shoots spark beam

Bird - Shoots thunder bolt downwards

Fish - Shoots Lightbulb that Explodes on impact.

Each Animal helps Kirby in his quest to defeat the Nightmare and King Dedede.

partner.gif

However, Beating the game isn't enough. You have to beat it once and beat it again. You have to get the rainbow key hidden in each level to actually get the rainbow sword. Each key requires an animal and a specific power to break it. This can get frustating at times.

The key goal is to get 100% progress. Then you can open up modes in the game such as boss mode, survival mode, getting stars mode, and the sound test mode.

Gameplay: 8

Controls: 10

Sound: 9

Graphics: 9

Score: 8.75

Grade: B+

Overall I give this game a ;)