Looking for a program

I don't know if this is in the right place but it isn't exactly PC Technical Help.

Anyway, I'm looking for a free program that can change music files. For example - turn an MP3 into a WMA or change a WAV into a MP3 and so on.

I had Sony Soundforge 7 but the ability to import or export MP3s ran out as it was on a trial.

Sound Forge also did more technical things, I'm just looking for a simple program that allows me to change music file types. Obviously if it does other things as well, I'm not bothered. :(

Thanks. :shootem:

Google DBPoweramp.

It comes with the basic MP3 LAME Encoder and a handful of other plugins that can be downloaded in the CODEC section of the site. WMA, OGG, FLAC, SHN, or just basic old WAV.

The problem I a having is that I have an album where the MP3s inside don't work with Windows Media Player.

It says that they are MP3s but only work when opened in thr Real One Player.

I want to convert these dodgy files into WAVs or MP3s that actually work.

For ripping CDs I suggest itunes(CDAUDIO -> MP3) or Audio Extract Exact (CDAUDIO -> WAV -> Prefered format) or use DBpoweramp's which is located on the DBpoweramp site (CDAUDIO -> Prefered format) and is CBBD enabled.

Edited by K`dash

Thanks for the help K'Dash. The program you suggested didnt work at first but I found it out.

What was happening was when I tried to convert the dodgy MP3s to good MP3s it said the file was in use and cannot continue. So I had to convert the "Read-Only" MP3s (Thats what Windows called them when I tried to move them) into WAVs and then convert the WAVs into proper MP3s. Very weird but they work.

Thanks for the program dude. :shootem:

It didnt start out that way, but it turned out that it was a PC Technical help question in the end! :shootem: