Model 1,2,3 Emulation...........

I was wondering if anyone was working on emulating the Model 1,2 & 3 arcade systems as it seems strange that they havent been emulated (or heard from) already. Are they not emulated because the developers have hit some sort of roadblock or something *coughCPS3cough*? ;)

Moved to Regular Arcade Emulation forum, these aren't consoles ;)

Model 1 emulation has been around for a long time now, with Modeler, I'm not sure if any games have been done in MAME yet as I stopped following MAME over a year ago (Too many updates too often)

Model 2 emulation has been working for quite awhile now with the Nebula Model 2 emulator.

Model 3 emulation is underway with an emulator called Supermodel, but this is not available to the public right now.

Information on the 3 platforms and their board revisions, as well as links to emulators for them, can be found at System 16.

How good are the existing Model emulators? I saw on system16 that Modeler has been discontinued (as well as any other Model 1 emulators) and that the Model 1 was only "partially emulated". How good was this "partial" emulation because i sure would like to play the original VF and Virtua Racing in my PC. Model 2 & 3 i was just curious to see how development on those were going because im sure as hell that my ATi Rage 128 Ultra wont run those platforms well ;)

How good are the existing Model emulators? I saw on system16 that Modeler has been discontinued (as well as any other Model 1 emulators) and that the Model 1 was only "partially emulated". How good was this "partial" emulation because i sure would like to play the original VF and Virtua Racing in my PC. Model 2 & 3 i was just curious to see how development on those were going because im sure as hell that my ATi Rage 128 Ultra wont run those platforms well  ;)

I have to admit that I was a bit in err, thanks to not having used Modeler for a long time

Modeler has some serious issues with Model 1, but works almost perfectly with Sega System 32, since Modeler started as such... Sorry, but no VF for you.

Edited by Agozer

• 4 weeks later...