Kaioshade, I already mentioned the "problem" with PSX. By standards, I mean the file types that "warez" groups usually release them as. PS2 DVD images work fine as ISO images and is practically a standard (that and GI). PS2 CD images should probably be in BIN/CUE format unless they're CD rips (could be in ISO, I guess), same as PSX. I'd think Xbox images should be ISO or GI for DVD and either ISO or BIN/CUE for CD rips.

I understand. the point i was trying to make, is that no matter what the material, an iso image should be used. its universal, just about every burning program supports it, and there is no inherent problems with it.

The only time i can see bin/cue as a viable solution is for games with redbook audio. which not since the early psx games it really hasnt been used much.

There's also the problem with "error" data that many PSX ripping/copying tutorials talk about. If this isn't really an issue, I don't know why they kept releasing them that way other than "well, they did it that way, so we should too". Too bad ISO isn't complicated enough to really understand multisession. That'd make DC rips a heck of a lot easier to burn. I don't think they really thought about MIL CDs when the instituted the file format, though.