Zsnes Netplay (zbattle)

Gaiden22

Hi,

I was browsing around some of the prior posts and noticed that you guys held a Super Street Fighter 2 tourney via the Gensis emulator through Kaillera. I was wondering if anyone of you guys (especially those who play HF or SSF2) have attempted to play online via the Snes Emulator Zsnes? The built in Netplay code for Zsnes is quite remarkable as it yields virtually no lag whatsoever, provided both parties have decent broadband connection and in some cases a good 56k connection. Unlike the Gensis Emu, Zsnes (peer to peer) does not require Kaillera for netplay, which is a good thing since Kaillera's lag is quite known (server to peer).

To actually play online via the zsnes emu, all you need to do is exchange IPs or host a game on the Zbattle.net server. Zbattle is an application that is similar to Battle.net (StarCraft) that allows you to join a centralized server in which you can host you own game and others can join. The actual server is just a frontend to accessing Zsnes' built in Netplay (thus very little to no lag). I would post a link to download Zbattle.net app, but I'm not sure if that's allowed here :angry:

If anyone needs any assistance setting up their Zsnes (get version 1.36 not version 1.36 WIP [desynch issues]) just let me know or if anyone wants a good game of SSF2, just message me.