Metal Slug 3 Oddity

I recently got a hold of the 1.46 Kawaks Loader, and while everything's running smooth, I've noticed a very odd bug that's popped up.

While I'm playing Metal Slug 3, the sounds seemed to have messed up, (most notably the crabs and the zombies).

Here's what I mean.

You can hear it happen distinctly 3 times, and I have no idea how this started happening. I've tried using other emulators; Kawaks 1.47b, Nebula, and NeoRageX. Same thing. I've also tried variations of the rom: mslug3 (78megs), mslug3n (1.6megs, non encrypted P), and mslug3nd (36 megs non encrypted P, decrypted C). Same result.

The only time when it hasn't done this is when I used NeoRageX to run the old.rom extension version of the file, rather than the.bin.

Anyone have any idea what's causing this?

Hmm...i had a similar problem if kof2k2 where kims voice samples were all warped. Maybe you should replace your copy with a back up. Or you could delete the mslug3 eeprom files in the eeprom folder. It worked for me and kof, remember to back things up if you try this.

Try to find a M1 or V1-4 patches somewhere....Btw, was that Soundlog about the crabs' samples or the zombie's samples?

I don't remember what they're supposed to sound, sice I haven't played MS3 in a while.

Edited by Agozer

That would be the crabs going "huah!"

I tried swapping the roms from the proper working NeoRageX version, which I thought might substitute for a patch, but nothing happened. eeprom folders were also flushed, and same thing still.

Really odd, this rom SHOULD be normal, because I've used it before with no problem.

OKay... I just played through MS4, and fighting the zombies there, I'm encountering the same thing. So it seems that the fault isn't in the MS3 rom. It has to do with some way the sound is being utilized in general... the only thing so far not effected is the old MS3 rom that ran exclusively on NeoRageX.

I recently installed the K-Lite CodeC pack, which has some audio parts to it. I uninstalled it earlier to test whether that was the problem, but that's not it either.

Whatever the hell it is, it's not the roms that are at fault...