Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DrTech

No audio CD in The King of Fihgters series NeoGeo CD

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone. I have a problem with The King of Fighters CD series games.

I have several Neo Geo CD games and they all work perfectly on Raine 64 0.91.1 with sound and music from the CD.

All games are in .ISO / track.wav / CUE format. However, only the KOF games 95,96,97 and 98 are without music. The Raine reports the following message: Audio  track unreadable. I checked the .CUE files of those games and they correspond correctly to the respective .ISO / track.wav files. So why is it that only these games are not working the CD audio?

Edited by DrTech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No idea ? There are messages everywhere to help against syntax errors in the cue files, but it doesn't complain if it can't find a file. So maybe try without the cue file, move it out of the dir or rename it, then select the iso in raine, if it suddenly works it means to really have a problem with this cue file !

Here is the beginning of my cue file for kof95, notice that in my case I re-encoded the wav files to ogg before deleting them which takes a lot less space, without touching anything in the cue file, raine knows how to look for many type of audio tracks. Anyway the cue file looks like that :

CATALOG 0000000000000
FILE "King of Fighters '95, The (1995)(SNK)(Jp-US)(Track 01 of 41)[!][NGCD-084 MT B10, NGCD-084E MT B03].iso" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "King of Fighters '95, The (1995)(SNK)(Jp-US)(Track 02 of 41)[!][NGCD-084 MT B10, NGCD-084E MT B03].wav" WAVE
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    FLAGS DCP
    PREGAP 00:03:00
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
...

I hope it helps !

Edited by Tux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it's a problem with the .CUE file, as it is just a text file and what's more, it is identical to yours. Even so thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to solve the problem. For my carelessness the folder containing the game was renamed as follows: The King of Fighters ´95. Note the dash before the number 95; Raine doesn't recognize that. When selecting the .CUE file, Raine will search for the .wav files in The king of Fighters 95 without this line, as he doesn't find this folder, the songs don't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DrTech said:

I managed to solve the problem. For my carelessness the folder containing the game was renamed as follows: The King of Fighters ´95. Note the dash before the number 95; Raine doesn't recognize that. When selecting the .CUE file, Raine will search for the .wav files in The king of Fighters 95 without this line, as he doesn't find this folder, the songs don't work.

well normally there is no directory in the cue file, all the files are supposed to be in the same directory.

And I just checked by renaming my kof95 to "kof '95", and it still works flawlessly...

Anyway glad that it works for you now !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very weird, isn't it? It was precisely the KOF95, 96, 97 and 98 that did not work because they were renamed that way. After I renamed them, they all went back to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a problem with windows that I discovered lately, but usually it doesn't happen with a simple character such as ' but you never know with them...

The trick is that when you have a character which can't be represented with an 8-bits representation, then you must access it with some utf16 representation specific to windows only and absolutely not portable. On the other hand such characters are usually represented as utf8 in other OSes, but it's just impossible in windows, no utf8 support (or almost none, there is a very basic one for the console only, but nothing internal).

So... ! if raine stumbles on such a file, it will get an unusable filename for it ! Usually I see that by adding some japenese characters to a normal filename and even like that with some japenese characters the file can still be accessed normally, but not with all of them apparently. A big mess from microsoft, as usual. I considered the idea to try to access the files as wchar* as they call this insanity, but the problem is that it changes all variables in the program which depend on the filename and since it's not portable at all it will create a big headache in linux to say the least !

So the idea is to stay with the basic representation for now, and keep it for as long as possible.

So maybe your ' was not a standard ', windows changes that sometimes to some weird character which creates some problems when reading that in another os... ! Well no luck in this case I guess. I don't know anyway to avoid this utf16 nonsense in windows, and I don't want to break compatibility because of it, so for now the best solution is to rename the files when you find something like that !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...