Please Help! My f:\Games directory has dissapeared?

Jinx

500gb yes there is format the drive with XBpartioner 1.1.....it will make it support lba64

Alright... Thanks so much for your help BP. However I am pretty sure (from what I have been reading online.. specifically: http://www.1emulation.com/forums/lofiversi...hp/t31707.html) that I need to update the BIOS for my system. The dude who modded it for me uses an older Slayers disc to setup the xbox, and this thread specifically says that Slayers does not contain the right BIOS or formats the drive correctly for larger hard-drives.

So looks like I will have to do some more research. I am in the process of downloading AUTO INSTALLER DELUXE (AID) iso to help me reboot the entire thing. I just need to read up on how to flash the BIOS (which looks like a fairly complicated process.

One question though- If anybody know the answer to- the installer and the posts i've read suggest using the X2_5035 BIOS. My question is: Can this BIOS be used for any mod chip. Pretty sure mine is the DUOX3... which I have read is a crappy clone chip and not a very good one. But it seems to work fine (when the hard-drive cooperates anyway:).

Thanks for any more help you guys can give me!

If you are able to launch XBpartitioner without it giving any warning signs about the LBA options you should be just fine and

wont need to update your BIOS. What you need to do is launch XBPartitioner and set up the drive so that there are two main

partitions. You cane make it 137GB on F and 300+ on G or just make sure that the big F patition (400+gb's) is formatted with

32k clusters. When you highlight the large partition in XBpartitioner it will tell you at the bottom what it's going to do and how

big the cluster size will be. Just select that and let it format the drive. It should'nt take more than 20-30 seconds.

After you've done that you can use Slayers or AID to reinstall all of the apps, just make sure AID or slayers does not format

the drive again, only let it install the apps to F or however you have it setup.

For the modchip, i dont know much about the DUOX3's but at a quick glance the look alot like the DuoX2's, bank switch and

all. I bet you've got the options for 2x 512k Bios'. You can use X2_5035 but make sure it's 512k in size since there is also

a 1MB size too and that will NOT work. Also you need to figure out what version xbox you have so as there are two different

versions of X2_5035 to be used, one is for xbox's that are version 1.0-1.5 and another used only for 1.6 xbox's. Hope this

helps

Cheers,

NExtel

Edited by Nextel

You cane make it 137GB on F and 300+ on G or just make sure that the big F patition (400+gb's) is formatted with

32k clusters. When you highlight the large partition in XBpartitioner it will tell you at the bottom what it's going to do and how

big the cluster size will be. Just select that and let it format the drive. It should'nt take more than 20-30 seconds.

I was wondering about tis.. managed to make a partition drive (copied the XBPartitioner into the E: then ran it from there... took literally 10 sec to finished and was thinking it was impossible that it was done that quick? I would REALLY like to have it all on one drive though (F:)

After you've done that you can use Slayers or AID to reinstall all of the apps, just make sure AID or slayers does not format

the drive again, only let it install the apps to F or however you have it setup.

Is this necessary or can I just FTP the ones I wanted that I have backed up from before?

For the modchip, i don't know much about the DUOX3's but at a quick glance the look alot like the DuoX2's, bank switch and

all. I bet you've got the options for 2x 512k Bios'. You can use X2_5035 but make sure it's 512k in size since there is also

a 1MB size too and that will NOT work. Also you need to figure out what version xbox you have so as there are two different

versions of X2_5035 to be used, one is for xbox's that are version 1.0-1.5 and another used only for 1.6 xbox's. Hope this

helps

It did not give me the lbl warning... so I am assuming I don't need a new BIOS?

Thanks sooo much the replies. Helping me out a lot (I realize it takes a lot of patience on your side)!

I guess you dont have to use the slayers disc or anything like that, just make the appropriate folders needed for everything.

If you didnt get LBA warnings and XBpartitioner worked ok you should be fine and ready to go.

Cheers,

Nextelhalo

Alright, I reformatted the drive- single F: in 32kb cluster (and double checked to make sure using the EvoX (following Bomb Bloke advice here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=70037)

Now I'll spend hours putting all my games back on and hoping the data will not corrupt this time. Thanks a lot for everyone's replies... especially you Nextel- your help is very much appreciated!