Trouble with NullDC 1.6

Hello I am having trouble with NullDC. I did this demo:

and I did step by step, however whenever i try to open a game (CDI file) it always crashes, it swtiches me to a blue screen saying that windows needed to be shut down. A fragemtn caught my eye and it said "Softwares or hardwares not installed properly could cause this crash". How do I install it properly? And it isnt the CDI file, i downloaded 2 different ones bioth dont work.

My system is very old i run windows xp

512mb ram

and reading from the sticker it says

ATI mobility Radeon 9000

Intel Inside centrino mobile technology.

If anyone wants more info on my system just tell me which one and how to find out on Widonws XP, Thanks a lot !

If you get a Blue Screen of Death, there's something much worse going on with your computer than just being unable to DC boot games. If I were you, I'd start by making sure that both DirectX and you graphics chip drivers are up to date.

However, seeing that you have an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000, it's very liley that it's way too old and just not good enough for any Dreamcast emulator, as most of these emulators require OpenGL/Pixel Shader 2.0 and DirectX9 support, which the Radeon 9000 does not have (OpenGL 1.4/PS1.4 and DirectX 8.1 respectively).

Anyway. update the chip drivers and DirectX just in case.

If you get a Blue Screen of Death, there's something much worse going on with your computer than just being unable to DC boot games. If I were you, Iäd start bby making sure that both DirectX and you graphics chip drivers are up to date.

How, seeing how you have an ATI Mobility radeon 9000, it's very liley that it's way too old and just not good enough for any Dreamcast emulator, seeing how most of these emulators require OpenGL/Pixel Shader 2.0 and DirectX9 support, which the Radeon 9000 does not have (OpenGL 1.4/PS1.4 and DirectX 8.1 respectively).

Anyway. update the chip drivers and DirectX just in case.

hey i did what you said but i ahvea problem while upgrading the graphics drivers from this site :

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

problem is when im about to install the new driver this pops up:

"INF error Video Driver not found. setup was unable to complete the installation. try to setup your display adapter with a standard vga driver before running setup."

How do I fix this?!!?!?!? help!

Edited by coolio120

I seems like the drivers for your graphics chip were never properly installed to begin with or got corrupted along the way.

You could try and boot Windows into safe mode and then remove the old driver with Add/Remove Programs (if such entry exists) -- and then try to reinstall the driver package from AMD/ATI's website.

I seems like the drivers for your graphics chip were never properly installed to begin with or got corrupted along the way.

You could try and boot Windows into safe mode and then remove the old driver with Add/Remove Programs (if such entry exists) -- and then try to reinstall the driver package from AMD/ATI's website.

what I did was go to my manufacturer's site to get the driver for this model and it worked, i'm not sure if it is any better or not. But I will try to run NullDC again if it fails I will stop trying .