Old XBOX with Homebrew Modchip

XreliC

I big Thank You to all that helped me during my battle to get CoinOPS and other programs to run on my old XBOX here is a summery of my steps:

1. You must have a modified Xbox modchip is best

2. Install XBMC dashboard on it, check documentation here

3. Unpack CoinOPS on your computer.

4. Copy (using ftp) the CoinOPS main folder inside the largest partition of Xbox (in my Xbox v1.0 the largest is F: )

5. DEFAULT.XBE is the main file that have to be launch to start CoinOPS Create a shortcut in XBMC Programs Folder (or where you would like) ...otherwise you can make it run using a file manager, moving inside F:\\Coinops folder and running default.xbe by hand

6. Disable the info tracking to dramatically reduce the game loading time **pressing BACK and START together** and entering in the advanced menu.

7. If after all this you try to start CoinOPS and you get a blank screen try the following:

· Download CE 5.4 which is the latest N64 emulator. It's about 25 MB. Link: here

· Unpack Surreal64 on your computer.

· Copy (using ftp) the Surreal64 main folder inside the largest partition of Xbox (in my Xbox v1.0 the largest is F: )

· DEFAULT.XBE is the main file that have to be launch to start Surreal64 Create a shortcut in XBMC Programs Folder (or where you would like) ...otherwise you can make it run using a file manager, moving inside F:\\ Surreal64 folder and running default.xbe by hand

· When you try to start Surreal64 if you get a blank screen you may need to update the Modchip Bios.

8. If you can identify the Modchip and update the Bios that is the best way. (In my case I had a very old Homebrew Modchip with no way to update the Bios) so I had to patch the default.xbe back to retail. There is an app that lets you do this here (I used the dos version only it was the only one that worked correctly for me)

9. Unpack XBEPatcher on your computer.

10. Move the application to the folder containing the .xbe files you want to patch.

11. (My PC OS is Windows XP) so I right clicked XBEPatcher and Chose "DOS Prompt in containing folder" this opened a cmd prompt window with a dos prompt to my current folder.

12. Usage from DOS:" XBEPatch filename" (Example "XBEPatch default.xbe) then press enter. This will create a backup of the original file (.bak extension) and a patched version of the file. Just remember though you have to patch ALL the .xbe files including the mameox.xbe, not just the default.xbe file. (exact spacing and correct file name is important or the patcher will not work and you will get an error

13. After all files are patched I put all the backups created into a folder. And moved this folder to another location.

14. Upload your patched application to your XBOX removing or overwriting any previous.

15. DEFAULT.XBE is the main file that have to be launch to start CoinOPS Create a shortcut in XBMC Programs Folder (or where you would like) ...otherwise you can make it run using a file manager, moving inside F:\\Coinops folder and running default.xbe by hand

16. If all goes well your application will start.

Thanks to all that helped me especially

Annihilitor & fumanchu for complete info look here