ROM Vs. Retail

Shibathedog

Is there any point in getting say SVC Chaos retail version for xbox when I already have the ROM in CoinOPS? Does it play any better/have any extra stuff? There are a bunch of games like this (street fighter) and I was just wondering. (BTW I was playing that game earlier, FUCK Goenitz, worst AI ever, he keeps using that same tornado move over and over and over and that is all he does, you just block until he finally gives up and comes near you and beat on him)

I think it depends on how much you're into the game. There's always extra modes and stuff on console ports, so if you're into your team survial modes and concept galleries and whatnot, the console ports might appeal, but I think unless there's something substantial, like extra characters, stick with the rom. Best examples of NeoGeo games worth getting the console ports of though are KoF 98 Ulimate Match, and KoF 2002 Unlimited Match. They're better than the NeoGeo version coz of all the extra characters and remixed music. Also, things like Street Fighter Alpha Anthology are very good, coz you get a whole load of games in one, plus a load of extra modes.