Small, annoying FireFox problem

Mooney

So FireFox is amazing and all, and it has worked perfectly for me for as long as I can remember, but yesterday I started having this annoying little problem where links would open up in a new window when I clicked on them with the scroll wheel, even though I'm pretty sure I had it set to open scroll wheel-clicked links in new tabs, since that's what it had been doing ever since I started using it. I did not change any settings in Firefox. All I did was install Auslogics BoostSpeed (v3.71.678) because for some reason my computer takes 5 minutes to bring up the Shut Down menu (If anyone could help me with that problem, that would be awesome, too). So I looked in FireFox's settings as well as my mouse settings, but I don't see why this is happening. It's not a real big problem, but it's really annoying. Suggestions?

Tools>Options>Tabs.

Did you check this ?

That setting has nothing to do with how the middle button should function in Firefox. It simply forces windows that open from links to either open in a new window or in a new tab. Middle-clicking a link *should* always open a link in a new tab regardless of whether the link opens a new window or loads in the current window.

Unless you use some extension like TabMix, in which case everything depends on TM's settings.

in about:config

browser.tabs.opentabfor.middleclick

make sure this is set to "true"

ohmygawdthankyouReaperMan!!!!!!!1111!11!1!

It's all good now, thanks! :naughty: