nulldc crash on boot

hi everybody..

waking up this morning with the idea to play soul calibur on a dreamcast emulator i eventually got everything i needed:

nullDC1.00b1 and the DC Bios files and an image of soulcalibur (one mds and mdf file)

my problem:

i start nulldc, everything's fine, but after loading the image files (nulldc asks me for both mds and mdf) nulldc crashes.

the curious things is, if i start the system without an image (by clicking cancel in the image choose dialogue --> "Would you like to boot w/o GDRom?":yes) it crashes nevertheless!

Infos about nullDC:

- used the standard settings, with all standard plugins

- when using the SCSI passthrough plugin instead of the image plugin it asks me for a drive so i mounted the mds with daemon tools, but he asks me for the mds files nevertheless? and then the software hangs (-> no error but nothing gets loaded)

- when using the chankast video driver there is an unhandled exception (maybe because chankast doesnt work with my OS)

- when using another audio plugin there is no change in its behavior

Infos about my System:

- AMD Athlon 1,4Ghz

- 512MB Ram

- GeForce 5200 FX with current screen resolution 1440*900

- Windows 2000 SP4 (version 5.00.2195), English

- DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Screens about the things i did to start the game:

- nulldcwj4.th.png

Did anybody have the same or similar problems or maybe does somebody know what i should do? Thanks!!

Edited by dareal

IIRC, nullDC has problems in Windows 2000. The emulator has been tested to work under Windows XP specifically.

Then again, I could be wrong. How does the emulator crash exactly?

wow a lightning-fast reply :D

i edited the post and included a few screenshots now.

reguarding the windows 2000 compatibility: i thought i read its the only one which actually works under win2k but maybe i am wrong; i am looking around right now where i could have read it but i dont find anything.. : /

In all honestly, that is a very generic error message and there could be a few dozen reasons why it crashes. Are your drivers, etc. up to date?

i am aware that this error message brings us nowhere :)

i think the drivers of my system should be ok, at least i can play without problem any other game that uses directx.

if you take a look at the screens perhaps you'll be able to deduce more of it since i included the command prompt output..

thanks!!

There isn't anything in that console output that would tell me/you why it crashes.

btw, Is there a reason why you are using the nullAICA plugin for sound? Some games have been known to crash if the can't get access to the Dreamcast's sound routines at all. Still, I'm fairly skeptical about that being the source of the problem.