I need some assistance, nulldc doesnt like me

SPECS:

Display:Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Proffesional 5.1

Processor: Intel® Pentium® M Processor 1.70 GHz

RAM: uhm, 1016mb

(tell me i if i need to post any more >_<)

Well okay my problem is that i have this cool new emulator and the marvel vs capcom 2 CDI. with the default plugins i will always always get the send/dont send error message when i run the image, but when i use the chankast video plugin it would run but everythings so blocky its like playing with my fighting legos with lasers.. i want to get the best out of the emulator ive been trying day and night to get this to work by myself but now ive given up and came to here to request help from the experts.. thanks for reading and uhm

Welcome your new forum buddy, BONBON

P.S if you need screenshots of whatever, just ask!

The culprit isn't hard to figure out. No integrated chip will work with Chankast, nor any Dreamcast emulator for that matter. Well, some integrated chips from ATI and Nvidia might be exceptions to this, but I haven't heard any statements from people who own said chips.

Chips made by Intel are exceptionally poor for emulation, and are considered the worst by many. The problem is Intel's chips lack hardware T&L support which is essential for Dreamcast graphics emulation.

So, the easiest solution to your problem is to get a decent graphics card. It doesn't even have to be particularly powerful.

Thanks alot, but im really quite a dummy when it comes to graphic cards.. This is probably the end of my emulating career, unless someone in this lovely forum can help me out. :P How does this graphic mumbo jumbo work?

thanks in advance Agozer :pimp:

It's pretty black and white here my friend. Your graphics card is **** and does not satisfy the requirements to

run NullDC half decently. If you wish to continue to dabble in emulation, you'll need to buy a new computer with

a capable graphics card. There's nothing to understand or explain. Period.

You have a Pentium M, so you have a laptop? Except in rare instances, graphics cards for laptops cannot be replaced. And you have an integrated chip set to boot.

So yes...seeing as its a LAPTOP, you can't replace it.

You have a Pentium M, so you have a laptop? Except in rare instances, graphics cards for laptops cannot be replaced. And you have an integrated chip set to boot.

So yes...seeing as its a LAPTOP, you can't replace it.

Exactly. a graphics "card" for a laptop isn't even a card per se, just a chip that connected to the motherboard. In most cases, the only way to remove an integrated graphics chip is to unsolder it. Not only does such a thing void your warranty, but it can destroy either the chip or the motherboard, unless you are very skilled in electronics. And it's not like you can just go to a store and aask for a new integrated graphics chip either.

I refuse to call laptop graphics devices "graphics cards". On desktop computers, the graphics devices are *actual* graphics cards which can be replaced, because of the simple fact that desktop computers have more room for parts inside them.