Nulldc Help! syscalls.bin

Hi, I just downloaded nulldc, but I can't run any game (I might need some instructions like "nulldc for dummies"). It shows an error about some file named syscalls.bin and then it crashes, I already have the IP.bin, but I don't know what else I can do...

Well, what did you try to do (step by step please)?

Ok,

I put the dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin on the data file.

I downloaded the marvel vs capcom 2 game (extension.cdi)

I satrted with the normal boot, the 2nd window that opens said that the IP.bin wasn't found, also the syscalls.bin wasn't found.

Again, I selected normal boot and the same error... and finally I tried to use the GDROM option to emulate the game but it didn't work...

Then I succesfully created the IP.bin, but it still crashes...

thx!

Normal DVD-ROM drives cannot read GD-ROM discs. Totally different file architecture and disc structure.

You mean you put the Dc_flash.bin and Dc_boot.bin in to the Data folder? If so, then good.

For whatever reason nullDC expects to find IP.bin and syscalls.bin is beyond me. Syscalls.bin is only required for HLE emulation of the GD-ROM drive, and should even be needed when using a normal boot from a CD image. I begin to wonder if the culprit is your Dc_boot.bin and/or Dc_flash.bin... Did you download these from somewhere or did you rip then from your own Dreamcast console?

Normal DVD-ROM drives cannot read GD-ROM discs. Totally different file architecture and disc structure.

You mean you put the Dc_flash.bin and Dc_boot.bin in to the Data folder? If so, then good.

For whatever reason nullDC expects to find IP.bin and syscalls.bin is beyond me. Syscalls.bin is only required for HLE emulation of the GD-ROM drive, and should even be needed when using a normal boot from a CD image. I begin to wonder if the culprit is your Dc_boot.bin and/or Dc_flash.bin... Did you download these from somewhere or did you rip then from your own Dreamcast console?

I get the dc_flash and boot from the web, is that a problem?. I even mounted the image with daemon tool, and indeed the mounting works (on other emulator of course), but when i press in nulldc normal boot I can't get to open the drive that I just created. the drive appears, but it explores the drive, and a lot of folders come out... DPETC, DPFONT....

Chankast runs the game, but with a lot of mistakes, pixels and stuff....

is it hopeless?

Do not mount the image with Daemon Tools. Use Normal boot and just select the CD image file and play.

I already did it, wiht the same results. I think i won't make it work jaja!

Do not mount the image with Daemon Tools. Use Normal boot and just select the CD image file and play.

I already did it, wiht the same results. I think i won't make it work jaja!

A little better now...

I changed the POWER VR plugin and it started the game for the first time in the nulldc. But it shows the same errors that the chankast (ja) is it possible that my nullPVR doesn't work?

Er, I really can't say anymore. When you installed nullDC, did you use the installer or just unpacked the RAR archive?

The point is that nullDc should just work, when you have the BIOS files and basic plugins set.

Er, I really can't say anymore. When you installed nullDC, did you use the installer or just unpacked the RAR archive?

The point is that nullDc should just work, when you have the BIOS files and basic plugins set.

It was a installer. I'll try to download another archive or look another plugins

Thank You! :banghead: