getting my DSlite to be more functional (DSO, mp3, etc.)

Derek

Okay Mooney...

So I got myself an M3 Lite Pro and a 1GB kingston microSD card. So far so good.

I've even stumbled into getting Moonshell to work, even though the best current directions/FAQs I've found for the current version tell me things that don't seem to hold true on my copy (such as expecting a _BOOT* file to appear, which never does).

But when I run my M3 in slot-2, it automatically boots into this "M3 NDS MOVIE PLAYER" shell. From there I can find the Moonshell file and run it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to disable the "M3 NDS MOVIE PLAYER" software, and just boot to Moonshell, for instance. Or, more importantly:

To my knowledge, I will not be able to run FlashMe if I can't disable the M3 software. This is a serious problem.

What gives?

So I got myself an M3 Lite Pro and a 1GB kingston microSD card. So far so good.

No pass device? Just the slot-2 M3 and microSD card? :huh:

But when I run my M3 in slot-2, it automatically boots into this "M3 NDS MOVIE PLAYER" shell. From there I can find the Moonshell file and run it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to disable the "M3 NDS MOVIE PLAYER" software, and just boot to Moonshell, for instance. Or, more importantly:

To my knowledge, I will not be able to run FlashMe if I can't disable the M3 software. This is a serious problem.

What gives?

First off, I'm not sure how you got MoonShell to work if you don't have a pass device (MoonShell is an NDS mode only app :blink: ) unless you do and just forgot to mention it? Second, I do not think it is possible to disable the M3's menu, but fear not. This site says that you can install FlashMe on the M3. Also, in the video you can download HERE, Lynx (one of the founding fathers of the PassMe and FlashMe) successfully flashes his DS Lite with a GBAMP that loads its own software first. So, you should be able to install FlashMe just fine. :P

Awesome! Thanks for the links. You've been more than helpful, and I appreciate it.

And yeah, I got a PassCard3 thingy that I'm using to boot my M3, until I take the step of running FlashMe as shown in those last few links you offered me.