wifi lib compatibility bug

scrawl

Hi,

New to these forums. Just wanted to share my experience with running homebrew that implements the wifi lib. I realise I'm not alone here but thought it might help in troubleshooting.

To start with, I have been testing with the following gear:

- 2x DS-Lites

- EZ-4 deluxe

- Mk4 key and EZ-Pass 3

- 64mb Sandisk and 1GB Sandisk microSD

- D-link DI524 router

- Billion 743GE router

- Generic wireless router

To keep it short, no matter what settings/configuration/equipment I tried, only one of the DS-Lites would make successful connections to the wireless routers when using wifi lib test 0.3b.

The other DS-Lite would make a successful connection once in a blue moon. After repeated resets, it won't connect, but if I come back to it a few hours later and try, occasionally it will connect once. A reset later and it will refuse to connect again. To be honest, I can't seem to find a pattern when it chooses to work. It gets stuck at ASSOCSTATUS_SEARCHING

Both DS's have no Wifi problems in the NDS WFC control panel.

Along with testing the two no-pass's and MicroSD's, other settings I've tried:

- Enable/disable WEP

- DHCP / Manually assigning TCP values

- Erasing WFC settings via Mario Kart

- Setting WFC settings via both backup and commercial carts.

I should also point out that wifi lib test 0.2b has no connection problems on either DS-Lite.

After reading some of the posts in this forum, I realise I'm not alone here. Just thought something here might give an indication as to what going awry. My guess is hardware revisions between DS's.

Cheers,

Scrawl

Edited by scrawl