Chankast n00b needs basic understanding

Is there a way my CD/DVD rom can read DC disc to play it on the Chankast? If not, I think I can figure the rest out by myself. Oh yeah, and if it doesn't work like so, whats the way around trying to read n play. I have dreamcast + game, I would jus like to optimize the graphics for fun ya know?!

Is there a way my CD/DVD rom can read DC disc to play it on the Chankast? If not, I think I can figure the rest out by myself. Oh yeah, and if it doesn't work like so, whats the way around trying to read n play. I have dreamcast + game, I would jus like to optimize the graphics for fun ya know?!

If the games are Real copies, I dont think chankast reads those.

Regular DVD-ROM drives cannot read Dreamcast GD-ROM discs without firmware modifications. The emulator can read whatever data can be red by the hard disk/optical drives.

Since the standard optical drives can't read the original discs, the emulator has no way to work with the data. Should you rip the GD-ROM data to a regular CD image and/or burn it to a CD-R, then naturally your CD/DVD drive has no problems reading the data.