Weird

GenesysGen2

First off, great work so far on the lib. Most awesome. :( Unfortunately I've got a problem...

I recently bought myself a DS Lite, and a second one as a birthday present for my younger brother, along with 2 identical sets of M3 Lite/Passcard 3/1GB MircoSD cards.

I set the Wifi configuration in Metroid on both, and both passed the internal test perfectly. They can connect and play any game in multi-card play, run PictoChat perfectly, etc.

Then when I went to try DSFTP (2.21), only mine would connect.

I went into the other DS wifi config again and erased/redid the configuration. After restarting DSFTP worked fine... Once. After another restart neither DSFTP or DSDoom would work. The internal tests/official games still work perfectly. I haven't been able to get DSOrganise to work yet to test that out. (I tried M3 PowerLoader but the resulting ROM corrupted my MicroSD - requiring a reformat. :D). I'll probably recompile it with the proper power settings later.

Today I downloaded the wifi_lib_test, and ran it on both. Mine works fine, but my brother's cannot connect to the AP via WFC, can't find it via search, and can't connect manually. Just sits there doing nothing (aside from the boxes bouncing around). I'm not getting any connection to the AP at all (looking at the router logs). :(

Now, the only difference I can think of between the two DSes is that mine (the one that works) was configured using a real Metroid cart... My brother's (the one that doesn't work) was configured using a ROM via the M3. I tried erasing the configuration and redoing it via the real Metroid cart, but with no effect.

Aside from the ROM used to configure them, both have identical Wifi configuration, both are the same model, colour (black), and are very close in serial number. Both M3s have been flashed to the latest revision (V29) and the MicroSD cards have identical contents. ;)

:(

If I get time I'll do some debugging on my side, but looking at the connection problems thread I suspect that the problem isn't an isolated case, so I thought I'd let you know my scenario, seeing as it may be unique. :P

Anyway, thanks for reading - let me know if there's any more info you need or whatever. If I get some time to do debugging I'll post any results here. :)

Edited by GenesysGen2

Can you check the firmware of both devices? You can use the method that is described somewhere on the net :

- put in a game (passcard works too)

- get into pictochat, room a

- pull out the game

then your screens turn into a color, i want to know which one.

wifi lib test 0.3a is not working on my ds so i can not use homebrew that uses wifi :(

I got a G6 Lite + Passcard 3. WFC works great though....

Thanks!

Btw, does anyone knows if using wifi lib 0.3b can make a difference? And how can i test this since there is no wifi lib test 0.3b ?

Btw, does anyone knows if using wifi lib 0.3b can make a difference? And how can i test this since there is no wifi lib test 0.3b ?

I've recompiled wifi_lib_test with the 0.3b libs (stock binaries and compiled from source) with no change. :lol:

Going to hack some visual debug output into the lib itself as soon as I get a chance, see if I can get some idea of where the problem is. :rolleyes:

I've recompiled wifi_lib_test with the 0.3b libs (stock binaries and compiled from source) with no change. :lol:

Going to hack some visual debug output into the lib itself as soon as I get a chance, see if I can get some idea of where the problem is. :rolleyes:

This is mad... my collegue has a DS Lite too with purple firmware just like mine and his does work with wifi lib test.... I am going crazy. I want to be able to run wifi homebrew. Does anyone has an explenation for this....???