Haze MAME WIP

iq_132

I’ve decided to start adding some Master System support to the MegaDrive Emu. This will be needed by MAME for improved emulation of the Megatech Menu, and the SMS games running on Megatech hardware. It’s still in a prelminary state, but I have this title screen from Fantastic Dizzy, one of my favourite games on the SMS. IMO this is the best version of the game because despite having weaker graphics than the 16-bit versions it has a far superior interface / control system, anyway, for now it doesn’t get any further than the title screen and the scrolls are missing.

As a side note this game is incredibly sensitive to frameskipping, so much so that it doesn’t really work properly in Kega. If Kega skips a frame because something else takes focus, or steals some CPU cycles (or if you put it into full-throttle mode) the whole game crashes. According to Charles Macdonald this is because the game checks the collision flag rather often, and if the results aren’t right it will crash. This means to emulate it properly in MAME the video must be fully emulated every frame, regardless of frameskipping (as was the case with the Megadrive).

http://haze.mameworld.info/