GP2PSX v0.09 Released

olaf

PDRoms reports that zodttd has updated GP2PSX. GP2PSX is a Playstation emulator for the GP2x. Below are portions of the release notes for this version.

I've updated GP2PSX to version 0.09. It's a fairly good update though, considering I've added a file menu of sorts, and a faster blitter.

Not to mention...Framerate indicator as well as frameskip options! Yay!

But wait...drumroll...there's MORE! That framerate indicator will now read 60 FPS on some titles!

********* GP2PSX RUNS SOME GAMES AT 45-60 FPS WITH ONLY 1 to 3 FRAMESKIP******

So to go into more detail:

1. File Menu - It's a little corny looking but it works. When GP2PSX loads, you will see a file menu to choose your game. It will only load.Z,.ZNX, and.BIN files. There's a small bug in it currently that makes it list the.table files without the.table extension. The.table file is always the second file of that name. Anyways, press the X button to choose your game.

2. Games run MUCH FASTER due to a bug I've been trying to track down now for ages. It caused the emu to go into a loop doing nothing constantly. This is why the emu went fast but seemed to only show a frame each second.

3. Better support for games - More games are starting to work, or at least begin to.

4. Framerate/Frameskip - Use the volume up/down to change the frameskip. Framerate will appear at the top left of the screen as well. Hope this helps. ;P

5. A faster screen blit / screen stretch - It seems some games I like to play use some of the odder of screen widths the PSX supports, so I kept the stretch function, but made a check to not use it if the screen fits the GP2X, duh.

Those were excerpts from the full release notes. You can find out more here, and obtain GP2PSX here.

Edited by olaf