Soul Calibur seems to have my up/down keys active!

The menu has 50 Hz, 60 Hz and Test as options. It says:

50 Hz display.  your television supports 60Hz.

If the picture is unstable or flickers, your TV is NOT 60 Hz compatible. If the picture appears correctly, your TV supports 60 Hz.

The problem with this menu is that it's scrolling left to right/right to leeft between the three options so quickly I can't select any of them! :D

When I press Start I see the opening running just fine at around an average of 70 fps. The problem is that when I get to the menu the options automatically scroll so fast down or up that I can't select the option I want to select! :(

I've only managed to select Arcade successfully once out of sheer luck by pressing one of the buttons at the exact time it scrolled to Arcade! :D Then while I was fighting my character kept circling the opponent! :)

What could be causing these problems? What are the solutions?

Then I strongly suggest that you re-assign all the buttons. Also, try the other (ElSemi's) controller plugin (or vice versa if you were already using that). and see if it makes a difference.

Then I strongly suggest that you re-assign all the buttons. Also, try the other (ElSemi's) controller plugin (or vice versa if you were already using that). and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks! I re-assigned all the buttons and it worked! It stopped flickering and I can now control everything fine now! :unsure:

Edited by garyoak99