fix for background-audio?

Hi everybody,

first of all as a new member I say hello to all of you.

Great board. ^_^

Maybe most of you are more experienced as I am,: I discovered Chankast a few days ago.

I did all to play shemnue 1 and have been successful so far. But it is a pity not to have the (most beautiful) background-audio, because the first second loops in game. (as some pple have reported in game-compatibility-thread)

I think this is not a bug of the emulator but this depends on the game's settings. On the iso-image there is a sound-folder, containing the audio-data and something named: AICADRV.BIN. Inside this file I disvovered the term: AICAsoundDrv990916/Ver1.74a.

So, this should be the sound-driver.

My questions are: does anybody know something about this and could give me any advice? For example, can I try to replace this file by another, or modify it? How does Chankast itself handle the sound?

Please don't be annoyed because probably my questions are stupid in your eyes, I am just trying to find a solution to fix this audio-problem.

Best wishes from Stuttgart

Abraxas

I see that you posted the same question over at EmuTalk and I can't really give you any better advice than they have already.

It's a bug in Chankast, although some people don't might not have that problem. It has also to do with the soundcard you have (or chip) and the drivers the card uses. Not much else to do here than to wait for a comment/update/new binaries/whatever from the Chanka Team.

Long story short, Chankast doesn't emulate the Yamaha AICA Sound System properly.