DVDs in Xbox

Shibathedog

Well I heard that the PS2, if you purchase the DVD Controller it gives you an update to the DVD player that will fix those problems. But then again who knows, could've been too much dust?

My XBOX with the original Thompson DVD drive lasted me 3 years, I played everything on it...DVD-RW's, DVD-R's all burnt stuff. What I was told that the Thompson drive had a plastic lens and could eventually over heat...but I'm thinking 3 years was probaly the lifespan of the drive. So i just got a new drive and cleaned up all the dust....and then got another xbox modded and they both read burnt media just fine...what I would recommend tho is taking out the disc everytime you play it and do not leave it in the tray.

As well as try to keep the system dust free, or blow it out once a month.

Hopefully I helped <_<

yeah i blow it out every once in awhile already. I bought a PS2 DVD remote a long time ago (The remote that didnt have the Power button/Open tray button on it yet!) and i got the update, but that PS2 died, and my new PS2 not only has a built in IR receiver (it scared the crap out of me when i realized i was using my DVD remote and saw the receiver on the floor, i was like WTF!??!?!) but a newer version of teh DVD player software than what is on that disc. Its 3.0 or something like that, anyone know if there is a newer version? because every once in awhile the DVD player skips too! (i havent tried watching a non-burned movie yet tho so it might be that)

I guess its time to hunt down a Xbox DVD remote for cheap!