Need Help with MUGEN

Dr.Omega

Okay Ive read through the FAQ but im still not quite sure on how you load characters, backgrounds and music. Ive got my char's in the characters folder but im not sure where you go from there.

Keeping in Mind Ive never worked with MSDOS before, could someone please help me out here?

btw im using Win Mugen

Edited by Dr.Omega

• 3 weeks later...

ok this is the correct way to do this.

When you download a character, you must do thre things.

1. extract the characters files into a folder for the character in the mugen/chars directory

2. make sure that the folder name matches the characters name on its Definitions (.def), file

3. in the mugen/data folder, fins the select.def file and under the name insert your characters here type,

<random character,>

Note; don use < or > and eplace the random character name with the one thats the same as the folder and def file.

Adding stagess to mugen,

1. extract the def file and the sff file to te mugen/stages folder.

2. in the mugen/data select.def file, if you want to assign a stage to a character, inder the insert charaters line type

<random character, stages/stagename.def >

otherwards say if the stage def name wes SyNsBG.def the SyNsbg would be the stage name.

If you want random stages, look for the section, ExtraStages].

underneat just add the line, stages/stagename.def like i explain above.

Adding music to stages.

1. Go to mugen/stages and open up a stage def file with a text editor.

2 look for the line that says,

[Music]

bgmusic =

bgvolume =

in those lines type the path where you would store you music files, mainly it will be mugen/sounds then ad the name of the music file you are using with the correct extension.

mugen/sounds/random.mp3 or mugen/sounds/random.wav etc.

where the bgm volume line is at just use a positive value from 1 - 500 to make the sound play loud or not. simple as that.