Enable ZWrite, AlphaTest ZWrite

I checked 2 sites with compatibility list and reviews and i don,t now what are these: ZWrite, AlphaTest ZWrite, Cable VGA.

In some reviews i found something like this:

"Working.Enable ZWrite, AlphaTest ZWrite, Cable VGA,Capcom Hack.Capcom hack is an option that you can activate from the gui.What are the others?How do they work?Utillities maybe?

I'm not the expert, but here's my two cents:

ZWrite: Performs more complex calculations for the Z-buffer(or the same calculations in a different way). Z-buffer is used for calculating depth of 3D objects, but is also used in sprites to a degree, albeit being 2D in nature. Fixes graphical glitches in games.

AlphaTest ZWrite: Similar to the one above except pays more attention to the alpha (transparency) of objects. Test might indicate that the option itself is far from perfect. Also fixes graphical glitches.

Cable type VGA/NTSC: Determines the signal used for video output. The main reason for this option's existence is that some games wouln't work because there was a VGA cable error.

Capcom Hack: Just a special option for Capcom games, seems to make them magically work better. Used to be a separate executable, but was later embedded.

So, to answer the last question, they are not utilities, just some quick fixes to get past the shortcomings of the emulator.