Cedega With DSEmu 0.4.5

sigloiv

I've done some testing with Cedega 4.3.2 and DSEmu 0.4.5 and here are the results I came up with. Thanks to robbbert I know have his whole demos collection, so I should be able to run results parallel to him. That way you can easily see the differences between Cedega/Linux and the Windows version.

All of these had some sort of functionality:

2d_emu.bin: Works perfectly at 15-16 FPS. If there's touch-screen functionality it doesn't work.

2dexample-arm9a.bin: Same as above execpt screens are flipped.

4sprites.bin: The bottom screen flashes different colors. The top and bottom screen are otherwise mirrored with small black artifacts. No touch-screen functionality I can figure out.

4tiles.bin: The top screen is black while the bottom screen is divided into 4 sections that each look

like a tiled wallpaper in Windows 98 (similar, not exact). No touch-screen functionality I can figure out.

armwrestler-w1.bin: Bottom screen is black while top screen displays the menu. Green all the way through.

armwrestler-w2.bin: Identical to above except screens are flipped.

battleship.bin: First screen with start button worked perfectly. Touch-screen didn't work.

bug.bin: Both screen were navy blue. The equation "x = 0" is displayed in white font on the top-left corner of the bottom screen.

calc-arm9.bin: The bottom screen at the bottom half of the top screen are black while the remaining portion is yellow. This remains for about 5-8 seconds until the yellow is replaced with navy blue and the words "MEM CLEARED<line break here>DEFAULTS SET" are displayed in yellow. Meanwhile, a 1-pixel white line crawls across the bottom of the blue and a yellow block flashes in the upper-left hand corner (much like a DOS prompt).

carre.bin: "PlayerAdvance" is displayed on the top screen as a fancy graphic as is "Greetz to the Community" is on the bottom screen. This lasts for about one second until it is replaced with a black screen with the solitary phrase "Noveau 1" displayed in white on the top screen.

cassebrique.bin: A NeoFlash advertisement is displayed on the bottom screen while the top screen is black. The screen changes when I hit Enter, in which case a yellow, blue, and red border is displayed on top of a black screen.

davr1.bin: The top screen is pink with tan font while the bottom screen is black.

davr3.bin: The top screen is pink with black dots while the bottom screen is black.

dskonga.bin: A start screen is quickly flashed. Then, two bongos are displayed on the bottom with a pink circle and a light blue, jagged circle overlayed on them. The top screen shows the Donkey Konga line but no markers go over it. Pressing A, B, L, or R results in 10 points being taken away. After awhile a score screen is shown on the top screen. I actually hit a couple "invisible" beat markers by hitting the keys randomly. This means that the cotnrols are working as are the background but the moving markers are the only not being displayed.

DSmode4dc.bin: The phrase "MODE 4 DIRECT COLOR DEMO" is displayed in green on the lower screen. The top screen is black.

DSmode4ep.bin: The top screen is solid blue. The bottom screen is a black background with the phrase "MODE 4 EXT PLTT DEMO".

dspaint.bin: Text is displayed on the top as it normally should (I've done this demo in Windows on Dualis before). The bottom screen has an artifacted line going across the middle.

dspaint2.bin: The bottom screen has an artifacted line while the top screen has a strange purple and black graphic.

dsPaint_r4.bin: Everything looks fine. The colors appear on the side as do the tools above. I can change the tools with the arrow keys.

duckhunt.bin: The background appears perfectly. Buttons do nothing.

earth.bin: Stars move across the screens.

first1.bin: Everything's perfect. I've seen this one on a DS before.

follarium.bin: The top screen says Touch to Start. The bottom screen is the splash. I believe (based on the top screen saying "Touch to Start") that the screens may be flipped...not sure though.

footjonglage.bin: Same as carre.bin for about 2 seconds. Then the bottom screen becomes solid green and the top screen becomes solid blue.

joats-template.bin: The bottom screen starts off as a dark blue and slowly gets lighter. Then it goes black and starts over. The top screen is black the whole time.

mcommand.bin: Screens are flipped. Objects (everything except background) are pixellated.

mines-arm9.bin: Screens are flipped. Top screen displays "Touch to Start".

mines-arm9a.bin: Bottom screen is blue, top screen is black.

musk.bin: Shows the PlayerAdvance screen as described on other demos. Hitting Enter shows two color inverted screens dispalying the word "Musk". Hitting Enter again causes a desert like environment to scroll by.

PandaForth.bin: Displays the phrase "-=[ PandaForth ]=- by Torlus" on both screens (top is yellow on black and bottom is black on white).

PongDS.bin: Playable, but pretty slow (14-16 FPS). Don't know if that's normal or not.

sman.bin: The top screen shows red blocks while the bottom screen shows blue blocks. They alternate glowing.

smantouch.bin: Same as sman.bin except colors are solid...no blocks.

sponge-arm9.bin: Solid red on top screen, solid blue on bottom screen.

taupes DS.bin: Shows a gopher on the top screen with the word "Taupes". The bottom screen shows 9 gopher holes.

Tetris-1p.bin: Top screen shows action. Playable, but slow (16 FPS). Bottom screen is black.

Tetris-2p.bin: L and R change the color of the bottom screen. Both screens show seperate Tetris games. A moves the top screen's block right, while B pushes the top screen's block down. The bottom screen is playable with the arrow keys.

Tetris.bin: Similar to Tetris-2p.bin except all blocks are blue 2x2 squares and the L and R buttons do nothing. Also, no "Press Start" message is displayed...the game just starts on its own.

tile02.bin: The alphabet and numbers are displayed in green in a QWERTY format.

under_pressure.bin: Both screens are identical. Bars are displayed in the center (much like bars on a cellphone displaying signal strength) and an Na atom bounces around.

birds.nds: Shows a score counter at the top of the top screen. The bottom screen and the rest of the top screen are just white.

ext_palette1.nds: Shows a reddish room (looks like an NES RPG room) on the bottom screen while some debug info is displayed on the top screen. Pressing Start cycles an option on the top screen.

follarium.nds: The top screen shows "Touch to Play" while the bottom is a splash. Clicking the bottom screen goes to a NeoFlash advertisement. Clicking again goes to a game screen. It would be playable if the screens weren't flipped as clicking in areas parallel to the top screen triggers certain events.

framebuffer_demo1.nds: A red block scrolls around the top screen in one line.

gorilla.nds: Froze the emulator but didn't close it.

NDS_WinS.nds: Shows a GBAX splash and "Tap Screen to Continue" screen. Tapping goes to a Windows-like desktop. Everything on the desktop is completely usable. The calibration is a little left and down though. By far the most exciting working demo so far!

NDS_WinS1.nds: Identical to NDS_WinS.nds except it's got a graphing calculator and the icons are slightly different. Even more exciting due to the complexity of the graphinc calculator.

nibbles.nds: Shows a GBAX splash and hitting Start advances to the "Touch Screen to Continue" screen. Touching advances to a game screen, but the snake never appears. Eventually, the phrase "Game Over" appears.

OMalone.nds: Shows artifacted lines on the bottom screen. The top screen is black.

ShootDS: Shows a "Touch to Start" screen. Touching makes the message disappear. Clicking in certain places changes what seems to be X and Y values in the corner.

sound_demo1.nds: Shows a green block in the upper-right corner of the top screen. Rest of both screens is black.

space_invaders: You're demo works fine DoubleC! It's just a tad slow though.

sponge.nds: Shows a highly artifacted greenish screen. "Touching" seems to make a brown artifact move around the "environment".

tetris10.nds: Same as Tetris.bin except all types of blocks are present.

tetris12.nds: Shows a GBAX splash. Pressing Start advances. A giant game of Tetris plays out. I just played it for about half an hour and wish I could continue. I'd say it was playable.

All of these were black screens:

balltest.bin

birslip.bin

cube_emu.bin

davr2.bin

draw-arm9.bin

drops-arm9.bin

Frogger.bin

hello-paint.bin

hello-world.bin

mapTiles.bin

mode3pac.bin

mode6.bin

nibbles10.bin

Oil_Panic_bools.bin

Oil_Panic_uint16.bin

rotshape.bin

ship_emu.bin

smeal_arm9.bin

Snakes.bin

texture_emu.bin

tri_emu.bin

earth4b.nds

ext_palette2.nds

GridlockDS.nds

JWPool.nds

magic_lines.nds

Metroid.nds

MixedCubes.nds

neoflash.nds

nibbles11.nds

oilpanic.nds

sphere.nds

SPRITE.NDS

tetris11.nds

texture.nds

transformer.nds

All of these were white screens:

birds-arm9.bin

All of these crash and close the emulator:

carre.nds

FeaRog3d.nds

hello-world.nds

polarium.nds

viewer.nds

Extra stuff:

1. "Open GBA" and "Close" are greyed out.

2. Opening a second rom crashes it and closes it.

3. Things like moving objects and sprites seem to have trouble appearing on all the demos.

4. Official ROMs don't work (at least none that I've tried). Then again, they probably shouldn't.

Finally, I'm done.

Edited by sigloiv

I'm not sure the touchscreen will work in any 'bin' files as they don't include the ARM7 code. As I now emulate the touchscreen using the SPI interface, it needs ARM7 code to read it and populate it into the IPC structure that ndslib uses. So pretty much only nds files will have touchscreen support.

I could probably code around it with a default ARM7 but then it wouldn't be possible to know what the bin expects. Is it IPC v1, IPC v2 or something else for example.