Universe Bios 2.1 Released!

TERMS OR USE

You can use the UNIVERSE BIOS as long as you own original genuine NeoGeo hardware. Failure of this may result in you the user violating international copyright laws. New program code within the UNIVERSE BIOS is © Razoola, original BIOS program code remains copyrighted to SNK.

DO NOT DISTRIBUTE A DUMP OF THE UNIVERSE BIOS UNLESS YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO DO SO. I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR OTHERS ACTIONS.

DO NOT PROVIDE A SERVICE SELLING THE UNIVERSE BIOS ON EEPROM (ESPECIALLY FOR PROFIT).

As you can see this bios may contain some SNK copyright material. In the grey zone IMO.

Little bit more of the same thing here

Before you can download the UNIVERSE BIOS you must agree that all of the following statments are true.

I own an original NeoGeo MVS or AES hardware system.

I agree not to redistribute the UNIVERSE BIOS unless done in a legal manor.

I agree not to sell the UNIVERSE BIOS on EEPROM for profit.

I agree not to alter the UNIVERSE BIOS image file.

I agree not to hold the author responcible for any damage caused by using the UNIVERSE BIOS on my MVS or AES hardware.

He doesn't specifically state that there is original bios code in his bios. Rather, he says that the original bios is copyright SNK. That is not explicitly related to the content of his bios. He needs to specifically state if any original code is in there or not. My guess would be no, but its just a guess.

He doesn't specifically state that there is original bios code in his bios.  Rather, he says that the original bios is copyright SNK.  That is not explicitly related to the content of his bios.  He needs to specifically state if any original code is in there or not.  My guess would be no, but its just a guess.

Thats why it says New program code within Which means his code is in the Original bios.

Finally got around to talking to Razoola today. He pointed me to this page (which I overlooked :D)

http://unibios.free.fr/howitworks.html

The UNIVERSE BIOS is a patched version of the original SNK BIOS. Most code is the same as the original BIOS with the new code being worked into it.