Really bizarre problem involving my Kawaks

SDC

Normally i wouldn´t bother but this is a problem that apperently is now messing with my games

Some time ago I downloaded a Kawaks from a now defunct emulation page. From it, it already had the ability to play the latest neo games (samsho5sp, matrimelee, rotd, mslug 4 & 5, etc.). whenever I looked for loaded games, the game appared on the select screen without a problem.

However, when i burned my kawaks into a CD and tried to boot up the same kawaks with the same rom list in another computer only "old" games appeared (like waku7, rbff, etc.) not one of the "new" games appeared. Apperently they could only be seen on the original computer.

Now, that computer is history and when I tried to boot up all the games and rom list from my saved kawaks CD into the new one, the newer ROMs failed to ever even appeared. Even with uploading the newer INI file upgrading to the dat.file and still the games fail to even appear on the list.

Does anyone know just what is happening here? One further thing I can mention is that the old computer used Windows 98 and this new one (plus whatever others I´ve used) uses XP.

and, if push comes to shove where i´d have to download a new version of kawaks, can anyone recommend me the most upgraded version of it which would have these games already detected?

I´d be most grateful.

Normally i wouldn´t bother but this is a problem that apperently is now messing with my games

Some time ago I downloaded a Kawaks from a now defunct emulation page. From it, it already had the ability to play the latest neo games (samsho5sp, matrimelee, rotd, mslug 4 & 5, etc.). whenever I looked for loaded games, the game appared on the select screen without a problem.

However, when i burned my kawaks into a CD and tried to boot up the same kawaks with the same rom list in another computer only "old" games appeared (like waku7, rbff, etc.) not one of the "new" games appeared. Apperently they could only be seen on the original computer.

Now, that computer is history and when I tried to boot up all the games and rom list from my saved kawaks CD into the new one, the newer ROMs failed to ever even appeared. Even with uploading the newer INI file upgrading to the dat.file and still the games fail to even appear on the list.

Does anyone know just what is happening here? One further thing I can mention is that the old computer used Windows 98 and this new one (plus whatever others I´ve used) uses XP.

and, if push comes to shove where i´d have to download a new version of kawaks, can anyone recommend me the most upgraded version of it which would have these games already detected?

I´d be most grateful.

try using win98 compatibility mode with the loader (NOT kawaks itself). also, a newer version of Kawaks with new games doesnt exist simply because nobody has managed to hack the newer Kawaks (past 1.46) to support new games.

Thanks but I figured it out. After visiting a portuguese emulation page, it described the problem.

apperently my loader was still "compatible" with Win98 and I had to change settings to be compatible with XP. Xp wasn´t a choice so i set it for Win2k and it finally recognizes the games.

still, thanks for the help.