Changing images that use raw write for burn...

Lucky me... I've figured it all out after about 25 coasters.

First the only method which worked about a third of the time was discjuggler on one setting.

mode1, offset 0, 2352, cdrom...

With luck I got what seems like a 100% correct burn ratio now.

I use Daemon tools to mount the image. Then Alcohol120% to burn the image. I do the "copy cd" instead of the "burn image" selection. As when I tried to directly burn an image using different and various burning programs nothing would work. So I realized the raw write issue would be in effect, which my cd burner seemingly did not support. I was wrong as often as I am. To confirm the cd raw write capabilities of my cd rom burner I used clone cd on an image. Clone cd of course reported that my cd rom burner did support raw write methods, as I suspect is neccessary with most of the Dreamcast disc images. So as usual clone cd would not burn the image due to the raw write issue I have. So this sucks... right.... In my darkest of hour and utilizing the mix mode method on nero (did not work) I went back to Daemon tools for help. I figured on giving it one more shot on cd to cd burning. As Raw DAO does not work on my burner, I new I had to use DAO/SAO as the default and hoped it worked. So I set up Alcohol120% and the lights went on in the refrigerator. I new the encoding information was contained in the header of an image. I.E. What was used and how the image flags where set. So I saw it with my own two eyes. Alcohol120% handled the raw write flag as long as I was copying the image as a fellow cd to cd copyier could. No more coasters and no more image to cd copy attempts.

So to make this story end. Raw write images on my cd burner will only work if I copy those images from a virtual cd drive as a one to one cd copy. And now it works...