help pls

mazer4455

• 9 months later...

Hate that I have to go from post to post to find my continuing problems, buuut...

Same thing with me, I'm stuck on Connection Status : Waiting...

At least it's a step forward but I feel sooo close to getting it to work. Firewall is set up with Exceptions. IP Address is correct (I use the 192.x.x.x right? not my actual IP?)

Annnny ideas? -_-

Hate that I have to go from post to post to find my continuing problems, buuut...

Same thing with me, I'm stuck on Connection Status : Waiting...

At least it's a step forward but I feel sooo close to getting it to work. Firewall is set up with Exceptions. IP Address is correct (I use the 192.x.x.x right? not my actual IP?)

Annnny ideas? -_-

if it gets to this stage it means

1. Its successfully connected to your wifi network (Your WFC connection settings are correct)

2. Something is blocking communcations on port 8888 UDP *OR* you are entering the wrong IP address

So go to a command prompt and type ipconfig

What it says next to "IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . :" is what you should type in. If you have multiple adapters try all the IP addresses listed.

Otherwise if you are having trouble connecting look at your

1. Windows firewall

2. 3rd Party Security / Antivirus / Firewall software

And either deactivate the firewall (not recommended) or open UDP port 8888

This is pretty much as simple as I can make it, do all this and it is guaranteed to work, provided you have got up to that screen

God I've got a stupid streak....Firewall was under TCP......Thanks for your help!!

Glad you got it working =) dont feel stupid (even I thought it was TCP for bloody ages - it wasn't till I rewrote the server that I worked out it was UDP lol)