Inspecting the Media inside psx games

Weirdy

today started off with me downloading "PSX Multi Converter" to rip the musik that's in Bust a Groove

well..I rip all the audio that's in there and I noticed something

They left the original japanese song for the character named "Shorty" for some reason

so ok, I ripped the audio in wav, encoded it to tta, etcetc

so then I ripped the audio in Bust a Groove 2 and I noticed other stuff

1st, some songs were translated from their original japanese versions to english

when I ripped the audio, the original versions were there :P ; guess enix didn't want to use em in the game

umm...what else

oh!

on the u.s/european versions of Bust a Groove 2, they took out the endings for each character. Why? I have no clue. But...the narration is still there ;) wtf? :D:lol: I mean, they don't use it in the game, but it's still there. I have yet to rip the video's; so maybe the endings are there

to me this is all a trip

has anyone else found other interesting stuff in other games?

Edited by Weirdy

I haven't encountered anything like this myself (or bothered to really look for that matter), but the unused stuff in games is no big secret. Well ok, there are several dummy emenies/characters/etc. amongst the code in all PSX Final Fantasies (VII, VIII and IX anyway).

ahh ok; this is all new to me so bah at you

the endings from Bust a Groove 2 are still there btw; they're a series of images that go with the narration

btw, if anyone is going to attempt to rip musik from psx games and you want to compress the audio I recommend you use a lossless compressor; only ones that work have been true-type audio(TTA) and monkey's audio (APE)

FLAC, shorten, and optim frog wouldn't budge

the samplerate on psx audio is 37800hz (37.8khz)

Edited by Weirdy