CaPriCe32 is an Amstrad CPC emulator for Windows.
- Rewrote all DirectX code to be more robust and error tolerant.
- The CPC screen is no longer being painted with hardware stretch blits by default, which should prevent the extreme slow-downs some users experienced.
- Caprice32 now goes to sleep when loosing focus or getting minimized: CPU usage drops to zero.
- Emulation can now be switched between windowed and full-screen mode. Full-Screen mode is user defined in resolution and bit depth.
- Switched to a different timing mechanism which keeps the emulator running closer to the original speed than before.
- Fixed sound playback - pops and clicks during playback should now be a thing of the past.
- Emulator Configuration is once again being stored in a file in the emulator directory and no longer in the Registry.
- New screen rendering methods: scanlines, line doubling (software), and line doubling (hardware).
- New speed selector in the Options dialog: the emulator speed can now be fixed at multiples of the original CPC speed.
- Added the option of colour and green monitor.
- Added error condition checks to zip, DSK and SNApshot routines.
- Added a modified DSK check at emulator exit so user won't loose their work.
- Implemented a completely new way to manage input: users can now map the CPC joysticks to any keyboard key or other connected control device, in any combination. See the updated documentation for more details.
- Mouse cursor now auto-hides to be less obtrusive.
- Support for French and Spanish keyboard layouts.
- Some fixes to the Z80 OUT handler involving the GA colour palette and PPI Port C.
- Added support for CDT tapes: still some work to be done here, as most SpeedLock protected games fail to load! Enjoy in moderation...
- Added 48 and 96 kHz sound playback options - high frequency notes and "buzzing" tones sound _much_ better now!
- Added a Frames Per Second display so users can judge how fast the emulation is actually running.
Get it at - http://www.caprice32.cybercube.com/
Welcome to 1Emulation.comRegister now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
CaPriCe32 3.50 Released!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users