Beatmania series

Hi,

I have downloaded and been playing Beatmania (bm1stmix) and Beatmania 4th Mix (bm4thmix) in MAME 0.82, and the graphics and music look and sound great.

However, when I press a key to create a sound in sync with the scrolling notes, I notice a few milliseconds delay before the key input is recognized by the game, causing all the keystrokes to be off sync with the music. This makes all the levels quite unplayable, as Goods and Misses are awarded instead of Greats. In the arcades, I do not have this problem, as the arcade keystrokes appear onscreen instantaneously. Also it is more apparent in bm1stmix than in bm4thmix.

Does anyone else have this problem who plays this game, and know why it happens? Is it MAME or the ROM? It is very hard to notice unless you play at the arcades often enough to notice the slight millisecond delay. Is there any way to edit the mame.ini to counteract against this effect?

how are you getting the games to load? i have the chd for the 1st mix but it wont get past the rom check/ram check. it just oks everything cept the hdd and then sits there. what do i do from here?

well i am running it in mameox maybe i should try posting there =P

Edited by zhugeliang