Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Oooh...an Earth simulator

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Gryph

Gryph

The K Man

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 14,666 posts
Click to view battle stats
I just read this on Slashdot. It's pretty interesting. The DoD is commisioning a game company (those people that made There which was pretty crappy) to make a full Earth simulation.

Earth Simulator "game"

random guy

random guy

What the hell are YOU staring at?

• Ultra Members
  • 1,964 posts
  • Interests:Emulation *duh*
    BASS guitar.
Why the hell does the military want a virtual earth? The article says that it will be used for "stratgeic planning"....so what the US military wants to declare war on the world now?

This reminds me of an excerpt from one of the Red Dwarf books: basically, this company marketed this fancy headgear as "the ultimate virtual reality experience". It sold like hotcakes, until people noticed an increase in the amount of people wandering around, stroking other peoples chins saying "wow, that's AMAZING!"

Edited by random guy, 24 February 2004 - 02:11 AM.

Gryph

Gryph

The K Man

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 14,666 posts
I think the military wants more "realistic training". I don't see why; this country has been in a major war every decade. The military has plenty of practice on dropping bombs and murdering innocent civilians from their military conquests.

Edited by GryphonKlaw, 24 February 2004 - 05:24 AM.

random guy

random guy

• Ultra Members
  • 1,964 posts
    BASS guitar.

I think the military wants more "realistic training". I don't see why; this country has been in a major war every decade. The military has plenty of practice on dropping bombs and murdering innocent civilians from their military conquests.

he he, excellent point man.

What were the casualties on both sides of the Iraq war? Something like US: 547, Iraq: at least 5,000 (that's the conservative estimate)!

ilike2l33ch

ilike2l33ch

Proud Fan

• Premium Members
  • 152 posts
hehe maybe in the future that virtual Earth is gonna become one of those advanced virtual reality things

Gryph

Gryph

The K Man

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 14,666 posts

he he, excellent point man.

What were the casualties on both sides of the Iraq war? Something like US: 547, Iraq: at least 5,000 (that's the conservative estimate)!

Body Counts on both sides

Scroll down for the Iraqi Civilian Body Count.

It's close to 10,000. And these are innocent civilians, not Baath Party loyalists and terrorists (who should be killed, don't get me wrong there).

And this is just in combat. This is not counting the over 500,000 people that died because of sanctions in the past decade.

random guy

random guy

• Ultra Members
  • 1,964 posts
    BASS guitar.
That is disguisting. In my view, George W. Bush is in the same league of evil genocidal dictators as Pol Pot and Joseph Stalin.

Hell, he's WORSE, if anything.

Agozer

Agozer

Board Script AI | 16-bit Corpse | The Mummy

• User Admin
  • 19,839 posts
  • Interests:Video games, plain and simple.
Let's not stray into politics, nothing good comes from that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users