Hidden Level in Goldeneye for N64 found

ForceX

The following was found at PlanetGameCube.com

Dust off your N64 and dig out your GameSharks. You might want to see this.

While Planet GameCube is primarily a GameCube, Game Boy Advance and Nintendo next-generation news and information site, we find it hard to pass up the occasional juicy news story on some of Nintendo's previous systems. This is no exception.

Through some GameShark hacking, someone has found an abandoned multiplayer level design for Goldeneye on the N64!

The Citadel level, forgotten lore in Goldeneye's history only known of because of a text reference to "CITADEL" in the game's memory, has finally been uncovered.

Here is Rareware's official answer regarding the existence of the level: "'Citadel' was a very rough test level designed during the early stages of multiplayer mode. It's not in the finished game in any shape or form, and Oddjob and Mayday wouldn't be in it if it was."

This is really interesting news, considering all the long-standing rumors that there has always been something else hidden deep inside of the N64 cartridge. While this might not be what people were expecting, it's still pretty damn cool to see all of this stuff.

For the full explanation of Citadel, screens of the map and the GS codes to access it, click here

I thought this might interest some people....because I remember playing Goldeneye 64 for hours at a time :(

Now, I have a reason to start playing it again :)

goldeneye, the game that never dies :D

one of the best games on N64

Still considered the Glitchyest mass produced game ever created :)

Has anyone else buy me unlocked every single cheat/level/character/mode? (except for Pen and ink mode because of a glitch >_< but you can get it with a GS)