After more than a year, a new version of ePSXe has been released!
Look at all these new changes!
- Fixed some cdrom emulation regressions and added more accurate
cdrom emulation which fixed Gran Turismo 2, Dance Dance Revolution
series, Gear Fighter Deboh, Hokuto no Ken and Gundam Battle Assault 2.
- Made changes to cdrom emulation to make modchip detecting games
work. Fixes Legend of Dragon US, Winning Eleven 2002, Um Jammer
Lammy, Omega Boost JAP, Wild Arms 2nd Ignition JAP, Saga Frontier 2
JAP, Chocobo Racing JAP and possibly others.
- Added support for autopause when playing CDDA sound. It should fix the
problems with music in games like Tomb Raider I.
- Added support for report mode when playing CDDA sound. It fixes
tekken 1 music and Lemmings 3D. (if you have problems with this
change it can be disabled with the commandline -disablereportmode).
- Fixed some problems reading subchannel. (Harvest Moon)
- Minor changes to change disc function. (Arc the lad 3)
- Now the memcards are autosaved on the fly. It should solve the
problem of lost memcards if the emulator crashes on gameplay.
(Remember that it is a good idea to backup your memcards often)
- Added gun emulation using a mouse. (Time Crisis 1, 2)
- Now the mouse emulation can be selected in the second gameport,
only 1 mouse is supported, so if you do enable it, it will be
disabled in the first pad.
- It is now possible to select analog, digital and disabled mode on
(Thanks to everybody who helped testing it
- Included multitap support. In this version only 1 multitap is
supported. If you select multitap, it will support 4 gamepads, that
will be connected to the first gameport of the psx. Multitap must
only be enabled in games that support it, in the other games
the gamepads won't work if multitap is enabled.
- The keys F5 and F6 have a new function. F6 is used for select a pad,
and F5 will toggles digital/analog mode on the selected pad.
(you need upgrade your gpu plugins to 1.73 or superior)
- The dos window that shows the info messages can be enabled/disabled
from the GUI.
- Included support for CDI isos. (Discjuggler format)
- Fixes to the CD-Rom decoder and the core which made some more
games playable. For example, Spyro 2 PAL, Spyro 3 PAL, Front Mission
3, Batman Gothan City Racer, Duke Nukem: Land of babes, Ridge Racer
JAP, Nekketsu Oyako, Bust a Grove 2 JAP and others.
Schaweet! Get it Here!
P.S. Don't forget to grab all the updated versions of any plugins you use.
With the huge gap between releases of the emu, even I stoped paying attention to plugin updates.
Welcome to 1Emulation.comRegister now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
ePSXe v1.6.0 released!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users