Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

4 Keys Simultaneous on KOF2000

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

AnechoicJinx

AnechoicJinx

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 2 posts
Click to view battle stats
Hey all...I'm having trouble doing the charge moves with 4 buttons (as in KOF2000) with mame. I can do three button charges, and it works fine. But I can't find a series of buttons that works for a four button charge. I'm afraid mame simply won't let you do it :( Anyone know how to do this? Thanx.

emsley

emsley

Emsley here. That's right.

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,772 posts
  • Interests:Yelling.
Sorry to say,m8, you willl have to invest in another emulator.

Neo Rage and kawaks spring to mind you can do hot keys in those babys.

I use mame32 and i find it very poor for pad config..

AnechoicJinx

AnechoicJinx

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 2 posts
You actually can set up hotkeys in mame. Simply do 'or' assignments to buttons. It works beautifully with 3, just as it does with NeoRAGE. It just doesn't seem to fly with 4 :( The problem is, I can't find a decent KOF2000 zip for the NeoRAGE....

alexis

alexis

Argentina Football Ownz

• Ultra Members
  • 1,735 posts
you have to get the rom which size is about 80mb, you can get that one from everywhere, you should be able to find it on the dc hub or in the emulforums ftp

shin_nihon_kikaku

shin_nihon_kikaku

Varnson | Pennypacker | Vandelay

• Premium Members
  • 548 posts
  • Interests:Japanese Videogames and emulation thereof, Game Design, Music (everything - 80s pop, dance, rock, classical etc), working in Photoshop, writing rants about games and how crap most of them are, playing MAME with my Dreamcast arcade stick.
To press all 4 buttons simultaneously in kof and other fighting games, do this:

follow the following example:-

If you have Numpad 1 for A, Numpad 2 for B, Numpad 4 for C and Numpad 5 for D

Then simply say P1 Button 1 = numpad 1 and numpad 3
P1 Button 2 = numpad 2 and numpad 3
P1 Button 3 = numpad 4 and numpad 3
P1 Button 4 = numpad 5 and numpad 3

Then press numpad 3 to activate all 4 buttons.

Basically, you can use as many keys as you want for what ever combination you need.

Its complicated, but I use 4 buttons for the individual attacks, 1 for A+B+C, 1 for B+C+D, 1 for A+B+C+D and one for B+C (for the strikers).

If you don't know how to do this, you have to highlight the command (eg. p1 button 1) and press ENTER then numpad 1, then ENTER then numpad 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users