bsnes v0.058 Released

VT-Vincent

bsnes, a popular Super Nintendo emulator for Windows was updated today. Here's a list of what's new in this release:

• Changelog:
  • added 21fx support
  • added movie recording and playback support
  • added rewind support (enable under Settings->Configuration->Advanced, use backspace key to rewind)
  • added speedup (fast forward) and slowdown key bindings
  • audio no longer stutters on Windows when moving or resizing the main window
  • co-processors can now specify their own clock rates instead of sharing the S-CPU clock rate
  • Super Game Boy 2 now runs at the correct hardware speed, and not 2.4% faster like the Super Game Boy 1 does
  • added Vsync support to the Windows OpenGL driver (Intel graphics drivers do not support this option, because their engineers are lazy)
  • OpenGL driver no longer re-initializes when changing video synchronization, helps pixel shaders
  • refactored user interface compilation; now split into several object files, auto-generated MOC files placed under src/obj/
  • worked around a bug in the PulseAudio sound server that was causing the ALSA output driver to lock up [bearOso]
  • rewrote and simplified the save state manager, it is no longer a part of the core
  • S-DD1 and SPC7110 can now access up to 256MB via their MMCs
  • re-added background and OAM layer toggling under the tools dialog
  • added config file options to adjust emulation speed levels (config.system.speed*)
  • added snesreader, snesfilter and supergameboy support to the OS X port
  • added a really neat pixel shader that can perform point scaling to non-even multiples, eg it looks great even with aspect correction [Fes]
  • upgraded to Qt 4.6.0 official

• Debugger Changelog:
  • added memory export and import to the memory editor
  • added bus usage analyzer: logs opcodes, memory reads, memory writes and M/X states to usage.bin file
  • added disassembler that can trace both forward and backward from the current execution address
  • extended read/write breakpoints to the S-SMP
  • re-added trace masking option

Errata: there is one known bug in Qt 4.6.0 that affects the Windows port: menus attached to buttons show up as invisible on Windows Vista and above. I only use this on the file load dialog options button, and only to toggle the information pane on and off. Given that this is less severe than the bugs in the beta versions, I've upgraded anyway. I'll submit a bug report to the Qt team for this shortly. Also, my sincerest thanks to Bradley Hughes from the Qt development team for quickly fixing this show-stopper bug that greatly affected performance in bsnes v056.

Source: http://www.vtemulation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=453

Author's Homepage: http://byuu.org/bsnes/