Consoles from days of old

VT-Vincent

Sega rally was amazing, i love fighting vipers one of the first fighting games i actually took time out to learn the moves for.

Dayton USA "Do do do do do do doiee doooooo dayyytooonnaaa!"

Penzer dragon was awesome too.

Shiba, I would agree with the VGA box suggestion. Back when the Dreamcast was on the market, I actually used to have a VGA box for it and had it paired with my 19" CRT monitor. The clairty and smoothness was unbelievable. I'd love to see what one would look like today hooked up to my TV.

Krosigrim, Saturn emulation has definitely improved by leaps and bounds. Download and fire up a copy of SSF - it even emulates the BIOS at this point so all you need are some good games. I have been tinkering with SSF over the last week or so and virtually everything I own runs on it at full speed with few to no glitches. Some parts of the emulator are still rough around the edges, but overall there's no doubt that it's the front runner in Saturn emulation.

Looking back at it, I wish I would have held on to a lot of the consoles I sold. The Virtual Boy and Nomad in particular are pretty high on my list of things I regret selling. Those two systems were awesome.

Because you can get a Chinese knockoff that works just as well as the real thing for around 5 dollars with free shipping. It's probably going to cost about that much or more to make it yourself.

Actually no, a D-Sub port is like $0.25, and I actually still have 3 sets on hand right now. I'd dremel a spot for it in the shell right above the AV port and tap directly into the circuit, might cost me another $0.10 in wire and I like tinkering. Plus no waiting for shipping from China and I can use any VGA cable I have on hand. :thumbsup1:

Damn you, now you've got me wanting to actually do this. http://www.gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=av:dreamcastav

Okay well you already have the stuff on hand. Assuming you didn't it would probably be about the same.