FBA-XXX PRO Control Issues

So I need help with some of the controls in FBA-XXX Pro. I remember I had this problem on my PC and i just had to switch from using 8-way D-Pad mode to 4-Way D-pad mode, or the other way around i dont remember.

Anyway I think it has something to do with the XBox D-pad being 8 way and the NeoGeo being 4, or the other way around, just like the thing with my PC. When i go to play KOF for example, I can't really jump diagonally, its really difficult its like i can really only press up, right, down, left, and nothing in between. Is there a way to fix this? Its not very fluid at all playing like this and makes the game twice as hard.

The other problem, is games like KOF2004 that boot directly into test mode, and I cant get them out of it, How the hell? I remember i had some game like this in MAME and all i had to do was push the Test button or something like that, maybe called config button (Theres both isn't there? Or two buttons similar to that anyway) But there doesn't seem to be a way to map dip switches/any of these buttons to the controller (although it looks like they are Black/White on the controller in one menu, forgot where i found that, but pushing them doesnt do anything) So im forever stuck in test mode! Am i just screwed for that rom and i'll have to play the bootleg version or what!?