ikaruga not working in NullDC

This has to be some incredibly simple problem, but I just got NullDC and tried loading ikaruga as a .cdi file. After the Dreamcast intro, I reach a screen that says "Ikaruga" on it and has a ton of Japanese text. And it stays there--the emulator hasn't frozen, but none of my buttons do anything, either on my keyboard or through my Xpadder-enabled joypad. Am I missing something incredibly simple here? Is this just some sort of VMU startup deal or something? Any help would be appreciated.

Is your VMU completely empty? The message relates to saving, but I don't remember the exact details of it.

Post a screenshot if possible, since that would help.

Wow. So it turns out I didn't map the goddamned start button correctly. I'm a winner! Sorry to bother. As an aside, I'm assuming nobody's figured out how to get Propeller Arena working on NullDC yet, correct? My copy just freezes at load.

Wow. So it turns out I didn't map the goddamned start button correctly. I'm a winner!

:/ How can you overlook something like that?

As an aside, I'm assuming nobody's figured out how to get Propeller Arena working on NullDC yet, correct? My copy just freezes at load.

Propeller Arena fails in nullDC. It's quite well known.