Dualis rotation background emulation broken

remz

Hi Dualis,

I'm currently developping a homebrew game and I'm using Dualis mainly because of its excellent speed and sound support. By far, this is the BEST emulator yet. I have done some test benchmarking, and other emulators are in the dust. Still it lacks some little feature here and there, and I can provide .NDS file or even source code if needed. Here's two things:

- 3D Rear plane not supported:

The address 4000350h, register named CLEAR_COLOR, is not emulated at all by Dualis. This should be a background color behind the 3D render. It also supports alpha and other things, but the minimal support could be only clearing the 3D scene with the appropriate color. Since Dualis already clears the 3D background in black, it should be an easy fix?

- 8-bit rotation background not supported correctly:

Some DS Video modes are called 'affine rotation background', they are using 8-bit index map entries. From my experiments, it looks like Dualis is expecting 16-bit map entries (like normal Text background). In my app, I'm using video mode 4, and I'm talking about background #2.

I have tested these two things on no$gba, ensata, and on a real DS.

Rem

CLEAR_COLOR should indeed be easy to support.

I'm sure there are bugs in affine bg emulation since I haven't worked much on it. Most homebrew roms that do rotation/scaling of bgs seem to use the extended affine bgs for that, so there's not a lot to test with.

CLEAR_COLOR should indeed be easy to support.

I'm sure there are bugs in affine bg emulation since I haven't worked much on it. Most homebrew roms that do rotation/scaling of bgs seem to use the extended affine bgs for that, so there's not a lot to test with.

Well then, would you like me to send you a very simple test-case ROM?