Galaxy Fight

WarriorNine

Hello,

I haven't noticed a topic about this, so here it is.

I have Galaxy Fight for the Saturn and have played it on FBA-XXX/Pro, though it has been a while since I've played it on FBA. I recently tried it out using Mameox128 Plus v. 20060505, but it seems like the graphics are distorted/flickering (for lack of a better term). I think the problem is due to the transparency effects as well as from the foreground scrolling and other such effects. Example 1 - Musafar's stage - The rain seems to cause the characters to flicker excessively. Example 2 - Alvan's stage - the scrolling/swirling grey mist along with the constant lightning flashes also seem to cause the characters to flicker excessively. I tried out these same stages on the Saturn version just before posting this, with no such issues found; I do not remember seeing it when using FBA in the past either.

Is there a particular setting in Mame that I should use while playing this game in particular? I don't seem to notice any problems like this in other games, though I'm not saying they don't exist. However, I don't know many other games that have both foreground scrolling as well as transparency effects, so perhaps that's the issue? Again, this seems unique to the Mame version, so I'm just wondering if it can be resolved through changing the settings or if it'll just be something that'll have to wait for an update down the road.

Any help is much appreciated!