UDP sendto producing duplicated packets?

BSD User

I used wifi_example1 as a skeleton for Wifi and I modified it to transmit UDP packets.

For some reason, I am getting duplicated UDP packets (I discovered this by using Ethereal). What am I doing wrong?

I have attached the code I am using.

In addition, I also seem to be having an issue that sendto is returning before it has actually transmitted the packet. What do I need to check in order to not call sendto again too soon?

Thanks.

template.c.txt

I used wifi_example1 as a skeleton for Wifi and I modified it to transmit UDP packets.

For some reason, I am getting duplicated UDP packets (I discovered this by using Ethereal). What am I doing wrong?

I have attached the code I am using.

In addition, I also seem to be having an issue that sendto is returning before it has actually transmitted the packet. What do I need to check in order to not call sendto again too soon?

Thanks.

Replying to myself, the duplicated packets were a bug in my understanding not a bug in the library.

This is probably unrelated to your case then if you've already solved it,

but i've also noticed getting multiple UDP packages to the pc when i'm sure i'm only sending one from the DS.

After a bit of research i've come to the conclusion that it seems to be caused by Datels WifiMax.

I did a simple server/client test and let a few different persons try the DS client while i ran the server at my place.

I've tried it with four different persons this far (me included), me and one other with WifiMax,

one with a wifi router solution, and one who tried both with his WifiMax and another AP.

Every test with the WifiMax resulted in multiple packets, quite frequently.

No multiple packets at all were detected with the other two solutions.

The duplication can get rather ugly at times, usually it's just a packet or two that get duplicated 2-3 times each,

but i've seen as much as 15 packets in a row being duplicated eight times each.

That's sending fifteen 128 byte packets from the DS and recieving 120 packets (some do get lost, so slightly less) at the server. Not very nice...

I know that five tests isn't all that much to draw any conclusions from,

but it does seem like something's not quite right with that piece of hardware from Datel... =/