Crazy Kong (alternate levels)

chris2ferz

I would greatly appreciate the help of anyone who knows how to get Crazy Kong (alternate levels) ckongb to run on mameox.084b3

i've gotten Big Kong to work which wasn't added till mame.95

Mameox.84b3 won't detect Big Kong (bigkong.zip) and since Crazy Kong is a "simple" rom in comparison to most of the games mame emulates, i was able to see the Big Kong rom had similar file names to that of its parent rom ckong. I renamed the files in bigkong and placed them in ckong.zip. MAMEOX complains about the CRC's of the replaced files but the game does load and is fully playable.

Crazy Kong (alternate levels) was not added to mame until right after the last MAMEOX release (.84b3) so it's not detected. It also has similar file names to ckong however I have been unable to get the game to load properly with the renamed files. A video glitch is displayed and the game won't play

On the PC version of mame - I have gotten my modified conkongb romset to load fine if mame expects the ckongb rom however the same romset will not load if mame expects it to be ckong

I feel i am close to getting it to work and i'm thinking possibly the roms need to be in a different order

Please help - Thanks ;)

or if there is another approach to doing this then i'd like to know

Edited by chris2ferz