Gleetings !

Hi guys - nice board you have here.....

Ive had a dreamcast for ages, but only recently started to explore its emulation possibilities - love the genesis emulation, plenty of my faves on there, but ive come across a problem with MAMED emulator.....

The file is 35 megs which holds 100 megs of mame and roms - SWEET - , problem is that its a nero file and wont burn properly - every time i try, nero comes back and tells me it cant write data to a place on the disc "on this recorder" (thats the error).

Anyone have a clue how i can successfuly write off this emulator cd ? and OR if i can add pc mame roms (i have 11 gigs worth for the pc version).

Cheers guys - i look forward to some groovy conversations with you all s_thumbup.gif

snow.gif

Edited by Mooncube

I have no clue on the DC emulation, but you're going to catch hell for mentioning that site. There's a "no mention of sites that offer illegal crap" rule here. Other than that, I'm sure there's someone who knows how to help you. Just a friendly tip!

I have no clue on the DC emulation, but you're going to catch hell for mentioning that site.  There's a "no mention of sites that offer illegal crap" rule here.  Other than that, I'm sure there's someone who knows how to help you.  Just a friendly tip!

Oooh sorry, i just thought it would help my case if ppl knew the whole story, but ill go edit it out - thx bud.

have you tried writing it as RAW DAO. I'd suggest that you try other burning programs as well, mainly Alcohol 120%.

I dont know what a raw dao is.... but i can get a hold of alcohol, atm im using disc juggler and nero - but its a nero image rather than regular files (maybe done that way to keep the self boot code in place), so does alcohol burn nero images to cd, or do i have to mount the image as a virtual drive THEN burn the stuff across ?

** gets headache **

have you tried writing it as RAW DAO. I'd suggest that you try other burning programs as well, mainly Alcohol 120%.

I dont know what a raw dao is.... but i can get a hold of alcohol, atm im using disc juggler and nero - but its a nero image rather than regular files (maybe done that way to keep the self boot code in place), so does alcohol burn nero images to cd, or do i have to mount the image as a virtual drive THEN burn the stuff across ?

** gets headache **

Alcohol 120% burns pretty much anything you throw at it. :ph34r: pay no attention to my RAW DAO ocmment at this point, just try Alchol first.

Edited by Agozer

Nop, didnt work.... alcohol scanned my drives, set itself up, allowed me to open the disc image and started burning - it then proceeded to lock up the whole pc and server, push the cpu to 100%, crash and reboot :-\

Maybe its a corrupted archive ? Either way, programs do NOT like this image file

Nop, didnt work.... alcohol scanned my drives, set itself up, allowed me to open the disc image and started burning - it then proceeded to lock up the whole pc and server, push the cpu to 100%, crash and reboot :-\

Maybe its a corrupted archive ?  Either way, programs do NOT like this image file

Well, I got to say that this point that NRGs aren't my preferred format. Nero wanted to get all special and crap like that, so their images rarely work on other software... and they get borked way too often.

Then again, the only NRG image I ever burned worked perfectly, so meh.

If all else has failed, hunt down another image, preferably a CDI or CCD (basically anything other than an NRG)

Ok, can you point me in the right direction for the mame emulator - and at least tell me how i can get my existing roms to work with it AND get it into an image format for the dreamcast to use as a selfboot ?

It seems obvious to me that if i get the emulator from a proper site, all i have to do is apply my own roms (as asking you for them would be againt board rules i suspect), after that, i just need help with compiling to a DJ image and writing....

Cheers :(

Edited by Mooncube