Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

need help with nes hack

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:for those of you who dont know who lunarex is... i made him up! im writing a fantasy novel and he is an evil behemoth god serving the god of ends. (omega)
Click to view battle stats
hey, im making an nes hack and i want to change the music to something else. like putting regular music on a game. i know the music has to be 8 bit, but how do you get it on the emulator and which nes emulator should i use for this?

• Members
  • 10 posts
Click to view battle stats
You can modify an existing emulator to play songs from a folder, but they wouldn't be synchronized to the anything in the game. You'd probably have to give up sound effects too. However, it'd be relatively straightforward if you use an open source emulator.

Actually putting the music in an NES ROM requires learning about how to program the NES's sound chip in 6502 assembly and the audio format of the data sent to it. Look up some documents on NSF ripping and NES tech specs, and maybe you can figure out some specifics. I don't think anyone's ever succeeded in it though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users