Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

help! chankast disc mounting troubles!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

endoplasmic reticulum

endoplasmic reticulum

• Members+
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:retro/obsolete games (nes, snes, gb, gbc, gba, ps1)<br />fps games for nintendo ds<br />gta: ctw (nds)<br />cyclods evolution + ezflash 3in1 V<br />mustard<br />moonshell2<br />gba exploader<br />playstation 1<br />clam chowder<br />pasta<br />indian food, chinese food, thai food, a&amp;w<br />baseball, hockey<br />my new bike<br /><br />stuff i h8:<br />my old bike<br />my extremely small locker<br />not much else...<br /><br />
Click to view battle stats
I just got chankast and stayed up untill 4am setting it up and stuff. it works fine and it works without the game. when i mount the disc on f: and play it with aspi cd rom interface,
it shows this error message then closes itself:

can't read TOC from f: drive

when i use xxx cd interface, it thinks its a music cd.

the gami i am trying to play is called "shenmue" i am running cd 1 of 3 cds. its a cdi file.

I am running windows xp sp3 home edition on a laptop.

by the way i am using chankast alpha 2.5

heres a list of the files + folders i have in the folder along with chankast:

-chankast_input
chankast_input.cpp
chankast_input.vcproj
diutil.h
pads.cpp
pads.h
stdafx.cpp
stdafx.h
chankast.cfg
chankast.input
chankast_alpha_25.exe
chankast_cdrom.dll
chankast_cdrom_aspi.dll
chankast_input.dll
chankast_input_semi.dll
chankast_manual.chm
dc_bios.bin
dc_flash
maple.cfg
vms.bin
vmsbrowser.exe

i hope that all goes well in the end because i tried naomi dc emulator and it sucks monkey $HIT. i cant set up my philips pc controller with it. what a f*king piece of $hit!

Edited by endoplasmic reticulum, 10 January 2009 - 08:43 AM.

Agozer

Agozer

Board Script AI | 16-bit Corpse | The Mummy

• User Admin
  • 19,820 posts
  • Interests:Video games, plain and simple.
Click to view battle stats
The default CD-ROM plugin works via ASPI, and Windows 2000/XP do not support ASPI out of the box. Only Windows 95/98 had proper ASPI support.
Use the xxx plugin which is tailored for Windows 2000/XP.

or you can take your chances and install an ASPI driver for Windows 2000/XP.

Finally, if I may say so, you shouldn't be using Chankast in the first place. All the other emulators have long since gone past it. Use nullDC or Demul, for example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users