Favorite anime series and movie

Series: Too many to list, but I'll take a few picks: Noir (hands dow the best ever), Love Hina, Excel Saga, Peace Maker Kurogane.

Movie: Akira, Spriggan, Ghost in the Shell, Wonderful Days, anything by GHIBLI.

Edited by Agozer

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

series..: 1st. is dragonball..- dbgt.. i watched it in korea when i was a kid....2nd.is naruto.. as what boomba said..i got teary eyes on my 1st or 2nd episode..while iruka got stabbed in the back by the shuriken..lol.. yea..and kenshin would probably be my third..

movies.. i would say street fighter alpha.,i think thats the only anime movie i watched..so far..i wish they made street fighter alpha 2 movie... :(

Series: Cowboy Bebop hands down, Lain a close second, FLCL probably comes in a lagging third. As I watch it, Naruto is looking like it will end up on this list somewhere too.

Movie: Tough one.. I like Knockin' on Heaven's Door, but mostly in relation to the series. I liked how the movie went out of its way to portray the everyday people of Cowboy Bebop's solar system as a whole (right from the opening sequence), while the series tended to focus only on the particular characters. That gave it a little more edge than the usual "really long episode" plots of series-turned-movies (although aside from what's mentioned, that's basically what it was).

Other than that, I don't know. I'm tempted to say Princess Mononoke, but I know that probably doesn't belong in this spot for me. I've actually never seen Spriggan, Ninja Scroll, or Akira in their entirety, and I didn't like Ghost in the Shell very much at all.

and I didn't like Ghost in the Shell very much at all.

Probably because the movie contains so much philosophical questions and alot of talk, rather than non-stop action.

and I didn't like Ghost in the Shell very much at all.

Probably because the movie contains so much philosophical questions and alot of talk, rather than non-stop action.

I actually like that kind of thing, its presentation in that movie just didn't float my boat. Notice that Lain is second on my list for doing that kind of thing in a way that I appreciated more.

Edited by Daeval

I've yet to check out Serial Experiments Lain, but from what I've heard, it's pretty damn good.

I've been getting my doze of ecchi, comedy and parody almost exclusively lately.